Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The end of the Jeep era.......


After our Memorial Day trip to the Eastern Sierras, I came to the conclusion it was time to upgrade. After years of modifying, tweaking and customizing my beloved Jeep, it became apparent, the Jeep was just not made for long trips. This vehicle was perfect for short trips into the desert and conquering nearly impossible trails. It never failed to amaze me with its unstoppable 4x4 capabilities and it's head turning appearance. During long trips into the desert, it was almost as if we were cruising the freeway in a rotisserie oven. During the summer, the heat whirled around us causing chapped lips, dry and gritty feeling skin. Our dog's really lacked space and probably felt like beef jerky at the end of our trips.

We had been eyeing Toyota's new FJ Cruiser since it had come out, but we were not to keen on it's unique appearance at first. After several months of seeing it on the trails and around town, it began to grow on us. I began to read several reviews and checked out videos of the FJ online and was soon sold. Stock, it boasted all the same capabilities of my Wrangler and several my Jeep lacked. The biggest sale to me however, was " Air Conditioning" and the cloud like ride over rough terrain.

So on June 16th we traded in the Jeep for a FJ Cruiser. OH MY!!!! Happy Days are here again!!!


















The FJ came stock with a rear locking differential, limited slip control, sub woofer, built in compass,outside temp gauge and inclinometer. My plans for add ons include, 33 inch mud terrain tires, blacked out rims, a leveling kit, ARB front bumper with a winch, and a aftermarket roof rack. I am currently taken donations on these items : )


1 comment:

  1. I can lend you our official Colorado roof rack! You know the luggage/ski carrier. Just kidding! I know what kind of rack you are referring too!

    ReplyDelete